I’ll admit, I wasn’t quite sure what to think when I received a Tweet that said I was awarded The Versatile Blogger by Snagglewordz. Is this a gimmick? Spam? Something off the wall? To my delight, it was none of the above! Instead, it’s a love-fest of blogs! It’s a way to share what you love with others, spreading the word and cheer of a variety of interesting writings. So, thank you Snagglewordz for the award!
Of course, with any award, there’s rules to follow, but they’re simple, so no fear!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Thanks again Snagglewordz! I always enjoy your blog.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
- Inform the bloggers of their award
7 Random Things About Me
- I’m quite the mixture of (warring!) nationalities – British, Cherokee Indian, and Irish. Also, half of my family is Korean!
- I absolutely adore Italian food and think I was Italian in another life.
- I’m an artist. I have a Fine Arts degree from Mount Vernon Nazarene University. I’m working on a collaborative art project called 13 hours that will be shown in several galleries, starting in England, next year.
- I can wiggle my ears!
- I have Fibromyalgia, but I don’t let it define my life.
- I’m working on opening an artisanal cheese shop called The Cheese & Mouse and have a blog about it here.
- My partner gave me a commitment ring on 12/14/11!!
The Versatile Blogger Awards (in no particular order)
- Open Book Fiction – Jason LaPier is a sci-fi writer who shares his journey, stories, and tips.
- Tales From The Hills – Pete shares stunning photos and stories from places he’s visited.
- Skinny Jeans Dreams – Krystle is an inspiration in her weight loss through Weight Watchers (did not get paid by them to lose weight)! She is full of life and optimism.
- Open A Book – Geetanjali shares her love and review of books and life. Quite the fascinating lady!
- How Sweet It is – Jessica, with her acerbic wit and unique view of life, shares a balance of healthy recipes, comfort food, and indulgent desserts. Her photos of food are mouth-watering!
- Channeling Contessa – Clara is obsessed with Barefoot Contessa! Here she shares her recipes, techniques, and love of all things Contessa.
- Cheese and Toast – Sue Reidl is a trained chef who shares her love of cooking, tasting, and writing about food. Currently she writes a bi-weekly cheese column called “The Spread” for the Globe and Mail and host their web-cooking series called Chef Basics. She also freelance writes for various other clients such as Attitude Marketing and Sid Lee in Montreal and the LCBO Food and Drink Magazine.
- Live To Write – Write To Live – This the New Hampshire Writer’s Network where they talk about the craft and business of writing. Perfect for every level of writer!
- Ma Petite Maison Verte – Madame Verte shares all things homey with a witty and ironic view.
- Kristin McFarland – Kristin is a fantasy novelist who chronicles her novel writing journey, stories told, and lessons learned.
- Steve McCurry’s Blog – Steve is a stunning photographer with travels all over the world.
- The Course of Four Seasons – Kathleen is a poet and writer living in the Missouri Ozarks.
- The Short and The Long of It – Monique weaves fascinating stories using only three words submitted by various readers of her blog.
- You’ve Got Nae – Nae travels all over the world, sharing her journey and experiences. Very riveting! And the photos are stunning!
- k8edid – A “closet writer” (her words), she shares her “mumblings of a middle-aged madwoman.” In other words, fun, thoughtful, enlightening, and delightful view of life.
There, I did it. Whew! Of course, in naming the awards, I had to check out what they’re currently writing, so this blog post took me MUCH longer than I planned! But it was not time wasted, but time enjoyed. There are so many more that I would love to mention – maybe on another day. I hope you enjoy the blogs I’ve offered and awarded.