I got a Sunshine Award! Woohoo!
It’s always such an honor when another blogger mentions you and your blog and how inspired they are by it. I’m so blessed to have readers who feel my blog is helpful, inspiring, and amusing. It keeps me writing!
Thank you so much to Tracy of “Oh What a Pain in the….” for the nomination. Her blog is a humorous, no-holds barred look at chronic pain (something I can relate to).
Here are the rules:
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you. You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
Here are the questions:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
This question makes me laugh. I absolutely hated philosophy class, but love to ponder deeper thoughts. My problem was I couldn’t make sense of their use of “logic.” If this, then that. Apparently, my logic was illogical. Go figure. As for a philosopher, I enjoy reading all kinds, but particularly Aristotle, Nietzsche, Plato, C.S. Lewis, Bonhoeffer, Mother Teresa, and the book Siddhartha (if you count that as a philosopher). I could probably name a dozen more, but I won’t bore you. 🙂
2. What is your favorite number?
Don’t have one.
3. What is your favorite animal?
White Bengal-Siberian Tiger
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter ?
Look at the top right of the screen and you will see icons with links to my Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as RSS feed, LinkedIn, and Goodreads.
5. What is your favorite time of day?
Middle of the afternoon and dusk. I love the moment of twilight where the sun still shines, but is fading into the dark. It’s the moment when the world is bathed in a soft candle glow.
6. What was your favorite vacation?
When I went to Italy for two weeks to study art and architecture. I fell in love with the country and am dying to go back! Venice was magical and mystical, Florence was enchanting, Rome was like New York, but with ruins, Assisi was hallowed, Amalfi coast was breathtaking, and every city in-between was full of delight.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
Well, I used to have a ton of them, but fibromyalgia has really put a kink in participating in any heavy activity. I love volleyball and swimming the most. Swimming is excellent for achy, sore joints. Volleyball, not so much.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Unsweetened iced tea with a lemon
9. What is your favorite flower?
Irises – Their primary symbolic meanings are faith, hope, wisdom, courage, and admiration.
10. What is your passion?
Writing (of course), art, reading, shopping (it’s my therapy), working with abused and struggling children, empowering women, and living authentically.
My Ten Nominees:
- Lily Sue’s Bites and Brews – a fellow beer lover, foodie, and engineer
- Creativity or Crazy – freelance writer, nurse, mother, and homeschool teacher
- Jmmcdowell – an archeologist and writer
- Life in the Blue Ridges – a college girl’s adventures in Asheville and overcoming Cerebral Palsy
- Bucket List Publications – indulge – travel, adventure, and new experiences
- Storywriting Studio – a creative space for aspiring and experienced storywriters
- Broadside – journalist, freelance writer, author, speaker, and more-you always learn something new
- Werewolves and Shotglasses – Writer of magic, noir, and the unexplainable – expert boondoggler and iconoclast extraordinaire
- The Great Plains Poet – spiritual poet and writer
- Kristen Lamb – bet-selling author, creator of #myWANA, freelance editor, and speaker